Saturday, October 13, 2012

What gets me going!

This month I came up with a theme for my 10 Happy Songs…(drum roll, please)...theme is “motivation”. I broke it up into two parts…5 songs that generally motivate me when working or just helping me get through traffic with a smile. The other 5 help me when I am out training for the marathon…because honestly there are times when I want to stop, but this music just won’t let me.
I know I am lucky, but I don’t live in a musical where I can break out in song and it be ok…but I can break out one of these songs and SING along…which I think you might do as well after listening to them.
1.       Beautiful - by Nneka

2.       I can - by Minnutes

3.       Whole Wide World - by Mindy Gledhill

4.       Upside Down - by Paloma Faith

5.       Beauty in the World - by Macy Gray


Funny thing - I just noticed all of the above songs were done by women…things that make you go - hmmmm
As for my running motivation – I need something with more of a-in-your-face-beat. Something that makes me WANT to more...these 5 really do the trick for me.   
6.       New Day - by Alicia Keys

7.       Breakin’A Sweat - by Skrillex featuring members of The Doors

8.       Goin’ In - by Jennifer Lopez featuring Flo Rida

9.       Anything Could Happen - by Ellie Goulding

10.   Gangnam Style - by PSY

Bonus SongMonster Mash - by Bobby "Boris" Pickett


I had to, it’s October and this songs is not only awesome, but comes with years of happy memories. What is one of you happy Monster Mash memories?


Ok I’m done with October, so – tell me, what songs motivate you? I would love to know…I’m always looking to add motivational songs to my play list. Also – if you have a theme idea, let me know. I’m thinking December might be holiday songs, but first I have to create my November list…help is always welcome. I hope you enjoy my list of 10 Happy Songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment